The Ministry of External Affairs, Government of India has advised all Indian Missions and High Commissions to facilitate the visa process for participants and delegates to WRM 2017.The responsibility of getting a visa lies with the applicant.
Diplomatic and Official Passport Holders
Holders of Diplomatic Passports should apply for a Diplomat Visa.
Holders of Official Passports should apply for an Official Visa.
Holders of Diplomatic and Official passports may contact the nearest Indian Embassy or High Commission for further information. Some useful links:
Participants holding regular passports (Not Diplomatic or Official)
These participants should apply for a Conference Visa.
How to apply for a Conference Visa
- Be registered for WRM 2017 through the online registration process
- Enter your passport details on the Registration page
- An access key and document download link will be automatically emailed to each participant who fills in their passport details.
- Login to the website with this access key, and download the Letter of Invitation and four Government “No Objection” letters.
- Apply for a Conference Visa at the nearest Embassy of India or High Commission with the Invitation Letter, Conference Permission documents, and other documents described in the table below
Delegates from Afghanistan, Iraq, Pakistan and Sudan should:
- Be registered for WRM 2017 through their focal point persons immediately
For participants from Pakistan:
- The “Port-of-Entry” into India should be only via Delhi, Mumbai or Chennai for Pakistan citizens.
- Pakistan citizens holding two passports should apply for visa on their Pakistan passport.
Documents supporting a Conference Visa
Documents required by the Indian Embassy or Consulate in your country may vary slightly from country to country.Participants are advised to please contact the nearest Indian Embassy or High Commission and to visit the websites for further details. Normally documents for a Conference Visa include those listed below.
|Online Visa Application||Fill form at https://indianvisaonline.gov.in/visa/
Click the Regular Visa tab at the top left of the page.
In the next webpage, for Visa Type, from the dropdown choose “Conference/Seminar”.
Note your Temporary Reference Number at the top of the form. In case you are unable to complete all the form pages due to technical fault or any other reason, you can try later using your temporary reference number to retrieve your partially filled form.
|Two 50mm x 50mm photographs||Portrait, face only|
|Ensure photos present the full head from top of hair to bottom of neck only.|
|Letter from your Institution||Simple letter from the Institution you are associated with, identifying you and their relationship with you, and confirming that they understand you intend to visit India for WRM 2017 from 14 – 17 November, 2016 (plus any extra days stay for tourism and Post conference workshops).|
|Copies of Permissions from four Indian Government Agencies for holding of WRM 2017||Click Here to download Clearance Letter from Ministry of Home Affairs for the 18th IRF World Road Meet – 14-17 November 2017.
Click Here Clearance Letter from the Nodal Ministry
These documents must be submitted by the applicant along with any other documents required by the local embassy.
Visa General Information
Foreign visitors entering India must possess a passport valid for at least 6 months after their date of entry into India, except in the case of nationals of Bhutan and Nepal, who need only carry suitable means of identification. There should be at least two blank pages in the passport.
The list of Indian diplomatic missions overseas can be consulted at: