Call for Papers
- Deadline for Submission of Abstracts
31st March 2017
- Invitation to Authors to Submit Full Papers - 15th April 2017
- Deadline for Submission of Full Papers - 15th June 2017
- Deadline for Submission of Final Paper and Acceptance - 31th August 2017
Call for Papers
The International Road Federation (IRF), together with IRF India, is putting out this Call for Papers to invite authors to submit abstracts for presentation at the World Road Meeting (WRM) in 2017.
This call for papers is for the conference that is being organised as part of the WRM – 2017. The theme for WRM – 2017 is “Safe Roads and Smart Mobility: The Engines of Economic Growth.”
Road transport and mobility are the lifeline of a modern economy and contribute significantly to economic growth and to the overall life of people.
This conference is aimed at identifying and discussing the range of challenges that are faced in delivering safe, sustainable, and smart road transport and mobility at an affordable price: the legal, policy, and regulatory issues, the instruments that are available to policy and decision-makers, new concepts and technologies for delivering transport and mobility, and the possibilities offered by “big data” and technology to reshape the road transport and mobility system to face future challenges.
The conference will be of interest to professionals, academics, researchers, policy makers, and practitioners involved with road transport and mobility.
Meeting these challenges requires action on many fronts; arranging the necessary financing, implementing appropriate policy, developing legal and regulatory frameworks to safeguard the public interest without inhibiting competition, ensuring the functioning of markets, stimulating technological innovation, developing effective instruments to steer and nudge the travel and trip behavior and choices made by people on a daily basis, and collecting and safeguarding data to support the making of policy, and to support the operation of this sophisticated and complex sector.
Thus, we invite authors to submit abstracts on one or more of the themes and sub-themes listed below.
- THEME 1 Safe Roads For Economic Growth
- THEME 2 Safe Mobility
- THEME 3 Mobility Challenges
- THEME 4 Managing Road Assets
- THEME 5 Innovative Road Infrastructure
- THEME 6 Institutional Framework & Capacity Development
- THEME 7 Sustainable And Green Transport Infrastructure
- THEME 8 Innovative Road Financing & Procurement
- THEME 9 Safer Roads
- THEME 10 Intelligent Transport System